Study of Teaching Strategies & Practices
- Provide feedback, sustained attention, and inclusion.
- Create a safe environment in which students are supported in their learning.
- Draw on students’ backgrounds and experiences.
Six engaging teaching practices:
- Flexible use of whole-class, group, and pair work where students discuss a shared task.
- Frequent and relevant use of learning materials beyond the textbook.
- Open and close questioning, expanding on student responses encouraging student questioning.
- Demonstrating and explaining, drawing on sound pedagogical content knowledge.
- Using local languages and code-switching.
- Planning and varying lesson sequences.