Children’s Participation in Health and Nutrition Programming
Click here to view or download the How to integrate Children’s Participation in Health and Nutrition Programming guide. It has been developed for Save the Children’s Health and Nutrition staff and partners so they can better support the meaningful participation of children and young people in health and nutrition programmes.
It focuses on opportunities for children’s involvement in maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition, especially at the community and primary healthcare levels.
The following questions are addressed:
- What is children’s participation?
- Why is children’s participation important?
- How do you make children’s participation meaningful?
This guide then looks at how to involve children in health and nutrition programming. In particular it focuses on:
- working with children to understand local childhoods
- involving children in analysing rights
- involving children in the design of health and nutrition programmes
- involving children in implementing health and nutrition programmes
- involving children in monitoring and evaluation
- involving children in external influencing, advocacy and accountability.