Wow! 6 weeks in lockdown. The time has gone quickly. I find this strange! How about you? I love to hear how you are doing, so please continue to send your stories.
I’m a little worried about my 19-year-old daughter who is living alone in London, but she says this experience feel like a (positive) turning point for her. She sounds upbeat and resilient most of the time. I think my 17-year-old son is getting tired of life with his parents! Some of his close friends have their 18th birthdays coming up; his will be on June 13th. I think he is brooding about the fun that they are NOT having at this time of their lives and they dare not complain. If you have children, how are they coping? How are you doing as a family? I’d love to hear more stories about how children are helping other children at this time.
So, highlights from last week in brief….
- Regarding Covid, there are new things on the blog. The UN has created ‘6 responses’: Personal Hygiene, Physical Distancing, Know the symptoms, Myth Busting, Spread Kindness and Solidarity. They have good resources on each of these and in 9 languages. The link to this has been added to my growing list of recommendations. Please remember there is a search tool on our blog. Find it in the upper right and you can search though hundreds of posts!
- Amy has edited the LifeSkills Handbook and updated the layout to make it easier to use. We’ve also reduced the price substantially, now would be a great time to buy it and support us! If you have bought the book recently, let us know and we’ll send you our next book for free. I am working on the second book. It’s been a long time coming!
- Work is continuing to develop a plan for the nutrition and health programme in Mozambique and the work on new oral health and eye health materials is nearing completion. I do so hope we will be publishing these next week!
- A highlight this week was a webinar organised by members of the FRESH partnership on School Health & Development in Low Resource Countries. FRESH is an acronym for ‘Focusing Resources on Effective School Health’. There are very many fascinating webinars on numerous topics that can be accessed here.
- I’m still developing the Memory Palaces for the 100 messages and if you are at all curious about what this means, I urge you to take a look at Aaron Ralby’s website. His free weekly lockdown workshops have inspired me to take his number course (this week’s treat!).
- Another treat is to start thinking about, and to story board, a short documentary film of the ‘Cards for Health’ programme in Mexico.
- Our finances and the future continue to be of great concern. All your ideas, introductions and direct support are greatly welcome, click to Donate now or see how you can work with us.
Keep safe! Thinking of you all. Write to me!