Immunisation Month – Find Three Children!
Remember that we have ten great immunisation messages for children to learn and share. Here are the first three:
- Millions of parents all over the world every year make sure their children grow strong and are protected from diseases by taking them for immunisation.
- When you are ill with an infectious disease, a tiny, invisible germ has entered your body. The germ makes more germs and stops your body working well.
- Your body has special soldier-like protectors called ‘antibodies’ to fight germs. When germs are killed, antibodies stay in your body ready to fight more again.
The rest can be found here.
We have a campaign plan where you will find a great activity called “Find Three Children”. This encourages children to DISCOVER, EMPOWER and MOBILISE each other to get immunised.
- If THREE children each get THREE children immunised, 9 children will live longer, healthier lives.
- If THIRTY children each get THREE children immunised, 90 children will live longer, healthier lives.
- If THREE HUNDRED children each get THREE children immunised, 900 children will live longer, healthier lives.
It would be great to know who is trying this out. CONTACT us with your stories and your ideas. Also, the WHO has just released new guidelines for the treatment and prevention of Hepatitis B, showing just how important immunisation really is – check it out here.